Friday, February 21, 2014

final fabric manipulation




        For the three that I've finished last week, I did a revise for the third one. I added a base for the flower and add some more small flowers on to the base so it looked more relate to the other two.

  
          I got the inspiration for this fabric manipulation from the book Codex Saraphinianus. The book was famous for using a unknown language through the whole book and the weird photos in the book which looks like from another world. So I created this fabric manipulation that reviews the orderliness and also the unusual feeling in the book.


          I got the inspiration for this fabric manipulation from my ball-jointed doll. I think the doll is really pretty, just like flowers, but it was made by human, which tells that it's a kind of beauty that's unnatural. I want to show that in the fabric manipulation, so I made this symmetrical fabric manipulation.


        For the last one, I was inspired by the photo of New York at night which was very complex and beauty. It has some kind of order but it's still mysterious for me.


      For myself I feel like the first piece is the most successful one because the curves on the fabric works well and achieved what I had expected. And also I feel really amazing that the simple technique could create this kind of effect.
     My fabric manipulations absolutely show my definition to beauty. I considered natural as beauty while I also love things in order. It seems self-contradicting but all these things really made me feel happy. Just as I said before, I think beauty is happiness. All the things that could bring me happiness is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment