Thursday, May 1, 2014

Experiment on burning fabric



    I finally decided to burn the edge of the fabric for my final piece, so I got several different fabrics to experiment with burning.




1. I think this one is cotton. It's very easy to burn, however, after burning it, the edge became very crisp and thin and easy to fall apart, so I might not going to use it for my final piece because it would be very hard for me to not to destroy it while I am working. 





2. This one is actually my favorite one although I don't really know what it is. This fabric doesn't burn, it melts in a beautiful way. However I don't really like the color of this fabric, I think it's too white. So if  I am going to use it for my final piece, I might need to search for this kind of fabric in another color like ivory, beige or off white.



3. This fabric is silk. I think it is hard to burn it, and burning doesn't really leave lot's of effect on it. And also the fabric is a little bit too hard.





4. This fabric is quite similar to the second one, it melts when I burned it. I think it doens't look as nice as the second one, but if I couln't find the second type of fabric in the color that I want, I might consider about this one. 





5.  I nearly burned my dorm while I was trying to burn it.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment