Friday, April 18, 2014

Silhouette Study Garment




     I printed out the pattern of the vest and cut the pieces out on muslin, then I found out that the pattern doesn't really working: it has a extra piece on the pattern that doesn't make sense, and the shape of the vest becomes weird after adding that piece. So I decided to delete that piece. While I was sewing the pattern together, I change the pattern a little bit to make the waist even thinner, and I add two long pieces at the bottom of the vest. However the pattern of the long pieces and the fabric doesn't work as I thought, I expected a more natural and soft flow and it didn't come out that way. I am still considering to make a vest for my final project, however I would more tend to design the pattern by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment